Friday, April 10, 2009

Flying Fajita Sistas, Glebe

Flying Fajita Sistas

How was it?
Food: 7/10
Service: 7/10
Ambience: 8/10
Value: $$

Cover of menu

Last weekend, fellow foodies - Miss LV, Miss Toronto, and I headed to Mexico via the Flying Fajita Sistas. One of the first things that I noticed were the beautiful embroided dresses that the waitresses wore. They were bright and colourful and I kinda wanted one :) I found out that they actually got them made in Mexico, so the only way to get my hands on one of them would be to get a job at Flying Fajita Sistas - hmm.. maybe not.

The wall of pain

Their famous wall of pain containing various hot sauces. I only saw 1 man, in the entire evening, get up and brave the wall. We decided that it would probably be something the boys' would be into - challenging each other to see who can handle the most chilli. Typical.

One of my friends had visited Flying Fajita Sistas a few days earlier and told me to stay away from the tacos or anything mashed together - apparently she had a bad experience. Luckily we all wanted fajitas anyway, so we decided to share some and we couldn't go without ordering the nachos, and sangria, of course.

Red Wine Sangria (1lt - $17.50)
aka. Miss Toronto's kryptonite

The sangria was quite strong, in a good way. You could definitely taste the red wine however sweet and fruity tastes managed to peak through as well.

Nachos with braised chile & onion $14.90
Served with guacamole, sour cream, ancho chile salsa

These nachos were done just right. We decided not to get any meat or anything too heavy with them, so that we would still have room for our fajitas. There was a combination of corn chips and wholegrain chips. I didn't realised that they were wholegrain at first and I thought they were just burnt and I was just saying how much I loved the 'burnt ones' before Miss LV corrected me and then we proceeded to laugh at my blonde moment.

Flying fajita's!
Two fillings for $45.90

We decided to get the Sista's Double Fajitas, where you can choose any two fillings to share. We ordered the chargrilled chicken and the chargrilled vegtables. For some reason, it took quite a while for the food to come out. I am no cook, but I know that it certainly does not take 30 minutes to grill chicken and vegetables. Anyway, when the steaming plate of chicken and vegetables came out, we were all relieved and eager to dig in. And they were goood!
Chargrilled chicken and vegetables

Sides: salad, cheese, guacamole, sour cream, salsa, olives, jalepenos, pineapple, frijoles and Mexican rice

The Pros:
- the fajitas! making and eating them was fun :)
- good place for big groups as you can easily share food
- friendly staff

The Cons:
- service was a bit slow

Overall:
A fun evening in Mexico! Yes, it took a while for the food to come out, but at least it was good food. It was pretty standard Mexican fare, but it was done right. I will definitely go again when I'm in the mood for some Mexican food. I would like to try other things too (i.e. tacos, burritos etc etc), just don't tell the other friend about it.


Flying Fajita Sistas
65 Glebe Point Rd,
Glebe NSW 2037
www.flyingfajitasistas.com.au
Flying Fajita Sistas on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails