Monday, April 27, 2009

Glasshouse Cafe Bar, Marrickville

Glasshouse Cafe Bar

How was it?
Food: 7/10
Service: 7.5/10
Ambience: 7.5/10
Value: $

Latte

Over the weekend I caught up with Mrs-J-to-be. We had a lovely breakfast at the Glasshouse Cafe Bar in Marrickville and I was too wrapped up in all the (wedding!) chatter to get all the prices. And I guess it being early morning, I wasn't completely switched on yet. But nothing that two lattes and a hearty breakfast couldn't fix. (I think that both our orders were around $10).

The cafe seems to be a local favourite, with lots of families, couples and friends heading there for a bite to eat. The service was friendly and welcoming. We were chatting away and were never bothered or pressured to leave.

Poached eggs with Smoked Salmon on English Muffins

Bacon & Eggs with tomatoes, mushrooms & toast



Overall:
A nice and unpretentious cafe when you're looking for a simple meal. It also helped that the sun was shining and I was in very good company. Looking forward to the wedding Mrs. J-to-be!


Glasshouse Cafe Bar
369b Illawarra Rd,
Marrickville NSW 2204
Glasshouse Cafe Bar on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. mmmm those poached eggs look deliciously runny

    and I don't recognise this cafe at all! haven't been to Marrickville for yonks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Grace: I love runny eggs :) I think it's relatively new (maybe just over 1 year), it's attached to Hellenic Bakery, near the station.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails