Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Se Jong Korean Restaurant, Campsie

Se Jong Korean Restaurant

How was it?
Food: 9/10
Service: 7.5/10
Ambience: 7/10
Value: $


My favourite Korean restaurant. Last weekend, I took my mum and aunty to Se Jong Korean Restaurant in Campsie. I was introduced to this eatery by K, and ever since that first time, I've been in love with it and it sets the bar pretty high for all other Korean restaurants in Sydney.

Se Jong is in a pretty obscure location. It is on the ramp heading towards the Woolworths entrance. There are two sections inside. One section where diners take their shoes off and sit on the floor around tables. The other section is just basic tables and chairs. There are barbeques in the centre of all the tables - ready to be fired up with their vast array of yumminess.

We arrived at about 6.30pm and the restaurant was packed. It must have been rush hour. We were told that we'd have to wait around 20-30minutes for a table. So we agreed and browsed woolies for a bit. We came back and there was a table waiting for us.

Complementary side dishes

The one thing that I love about Korean restaurants are the never-ending complementary side dishes. Tonight I particularly enjoyed the eggplant (bottom left) - soft and a little bit salty.

Korean Pancakes (L-R: mussels, peas & corn, fish fillets) $16.00

A must order at Se Jong are the pancakes! We chose the assorted pancakes - there are mussels, peas and corns, and fish pancakes. They are covered in batter and fried. So yum :)


BBQ Scotch Fillet Beef marinated with Soya Sauce $15.00

The waitress places the raw beef onto the sizzling barbeque plate and you can immediately smell the flavours and sauce. We pick up the sizzling meat from the hotplate, place them on some lettuce and dig in. I love the flavours, no dipping sauces required.

Hot Pot of Tofu, Seafood and Soybean Paste $10.00

The hotpot is a broth containing tofu, seafood and soybean paste. It is warm and surprisingly light. The tofu is soft and delicate whilst the pieces of cucumber are a welcome surprise.



Overall:
The food never disappoints me - always tasty and cheap. There's easy parking underneath Woolies, and tonight's service was very good (although it is hit/miss at this place). Definitely try the pancakes when you go!

Se Jong Korean Restaurant
Unit 4/68-72 Evaline St,
(on the ramp going up to Woolworths)
Campsie NSW 2194
Se Joung on Urbanspoon

6 comments:

  1. I keep hearing about this place but I've never been before. Might need to give this one a go just to see what all the fuss is about :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Simon: You definitely need to go! I compare all Korean places to this one, and I haven't found one that has managed to surpass it, in terms of food and price :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum yum! Those pancakes look delicious! I'm particularly attracted to the pea and corn ones, I'm a sucker for anything with corn in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Steph: The pancakes were delicious, you definitely have to give them a try if you go to Se Jong! Oh yeah, I love anything with corn too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really should get here one day. It's on my list but it's a big list! I love the idea of eating the freshly BBQd meat on lettuce leaves :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lorraine: Haha. I have such a long list as well - it's exciting, yet stressful at the same time! I think you should bump this one up on your list, it's really THAT good :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails