Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Ladda's Thai Takeaway, Newtown

Ladda's Thai Takeaway

How was it?
Food: 8/10
Service: 7/10
Ambience: 6/10
Value: $

Satay chicken $1.80 each

Everybody knows that I love Ladda's. My family and I have been frequenting this little Thai Takeaway since... as long as I can remember! It's on the quieter side of King St, towards the Princes Hwy. They do most of their cooking in the front of the shop, and they have a few tables and chairs inside. It's always fun to watch them whipping up and tossing around all the noodles, vegetables and rice!

They mostly cater for take-away, which explains the minimal decor of the shop. They also deliver around the area, with a minimum order of $20.00. When no one can be bothered with lunch, we sometimes order take-out, and this was the case last week, so I ordered from our fave Thai place.

Fish Cakes $2.00 each

Green Curry with vegetables (small) $5.50

Larb Gai (Minced Chicken salad) $11.50

Overall:
The service is very friendly, and all the food is very flavoursome, fresh and tasty! I've taken many people to Ladda's and I will continue to :)

Ladda's Thai Takeaway
593 King St,
Newtown NSW 2042
www.laddas.com.au
Ladda's The Thai Takeaway on Urbanspoon

10 comments:

  1. Gee, I wish I could get takeaway from here - my local Thai places are expensive and not very good. And I like your recommendations - there's no way I'd know this place existed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like some larb gai please! haha how did you find this place? coz newtown's absolutely packed with thai restaurants (or restaurants in general) heh but I'm gonna keep an eye out for this one *laddas... laddas*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Belle: Oh, pity that you don't have any good Thai places near you. I guess that would make you appreciate the cheap & cheerful food a lot more! Thanks :)

    Hi Grace: Haha. My family has been ordering take-away from this place for ages! It's all the way down king st, towards Princes Hwy. If you catch the train, it's closer to St. Peters than it is to Newtown station. They also have great lunch specials, noodles, rice etc etc!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my god love laddas...
    particularly the 'pad see ew'
    seriously to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betty you always find great places that I've never heard of! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bea: I know! Love the pad see ew and the prawn fried rice... oh and the curry puffs!!

    Hi Lorraine: Haha. I'm happy to be 'researching' & spreading the word :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great cheap find! This looks like a place I could eat at regularly, especially at those prices!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Steph: Yeah, it is a great little place. I know the menu off by heart (pretty much! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  9. $5.50 for a curry?
    hectic epileptic !
    ..the people in my tax law class are talking about thai food right now .. hahaa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi nutsaboutmynuts: haha, that's so cute. yes - totally 'hectic epileptic'.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails