Monday, May 25, 2009

Thai Paragon, Marrickville

Thai Paragon 

How was it? 
Food: 7/10
Service: 7.5/10 
Ambience: 7/10 
Value: $

Coconut Juice

I recently dined at a new-ish Thai restaurant with D*. We had been here once before and we were happy with the food and service, so we thought we'd grab another quick dinner here. The restaurant is small and cosy, yet quite modern and stylish. Lots of red and dark colours, which I liked. 

Even though I had just had Thai food the day before, it didn't really stop me from indulging in my beloved satay chicken skewers! Mmm.. 

Satay Chicken $5.90 (4 pieces) 

The satay chicken scewers were smaller than I expected, the chicken was a little bit drier than the satay chicken I had the day before from Ladda's, but the peanut satay sauce saved the dish. 

Pad Thai with Chicken $11.90 

The Pad Thai was flavoursome, however a little bit too sweet. It was definitely a pleasant and simple dish, but nothing that really blew me away. 

Vegetables & tofu with oyster sauce $10.90 

I always try to order something with vegetables, because 1) I love them and 2) I like to think that I'm being a little bit healthy :) The portion size for this dish was a little bit smaller than the last time we came. That was a bit strange and disappointing. Last time we ordered the dish with garlic pepper sauce instead of oyster sauce, and I think I'd definitely stick to the garlic pepper sauce. But, we still finished it off, you can't really go wrong with veges stir fried. 

Pretty chandelier!

Cool artwork 


Overall: 
Thai Paragon is a little restaurant that has popped up amongst a number of new eateries around Marrickville. The food is standard and what you'd expect to find in a local Thai restaurant. As long as you're not expecting to have your socks knocked off, then it should definitely satisfy you! 

Thai Paragon 
312 Victoria Rd, 
Marrickville NSW 2204 

4 comments:

  1. You're another lighting fixture lover? I always notice restaurant lighting fixture! Looks like a good, safe place to eat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lorraine: Yep, I love pretty lights! Definitely a place for a nice & decent meal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They have a pretty good lunch special on at the moment...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Yewenyi: Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails