Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Tea Room, QVB

How was it?
Food: 7.5/10
Service: 9/10
Ambience: 8/10
Value: $$$



Is there anything more girly than high tea? All the little finger food, from savoury to sweet, some tea and some gossip certainly makes for the perfect lazy morning/afternoon!

This was my first time at The Tea Room in the QVB, and another stop on my birthday feasting weekend, with Miss LV and Miss Toronto :) When I walked in, I immediately felt much more lady-like! The beautiful high ceilings were so impressive as were the waiters - I found them all very attentive and courteous. The maitre-de also gave me a free glass of sparkling wine as a special birthday treat! Very sweet :)


Apart from the high ceilings and beautiful decor, I also loved the crockery. It was all so pretty and dainty!





You can choose from a few different options on their menu. Today we chose the traditional afternoon tea, which consisted of an assortment of sandwiches, scones, pastries and sweets.

Traditional afternoon tea (including choice of tea/coffee) $32.00

Finger sandwiches

Scones and pastries

Jam & Cream (for scones)

Loved the scones here! So soft and fluffy!

Mini friand - how cute!

Mini macaron, strawberry fruit tart

Mud cake, passionfruit melting moment, strawberry sponge cake

Strawberry sponge cake

Chocolate mud cake

Strawberry fruit tart

The Queen Victoria Building (QVB)

Say Hi to Queen Vicky!

Overall:
The Tea Room is the perfect place to catch up with the girls. It is everything you would expect from a high tea, from all the little finger food, beautiful crockery and teas to the outstanding service. I particularly enjoyed the scones and finger sandwiches and would not hesitate in recommending The Tea Room to friends.

A special thank you to Miss LV & Miss Toronoto :) xoxo

The Tea Room
Level 3, North End, QVB
455 George St,
Sydney NSW 200
Tel: (02) 9283 7279
www.thetearoom.com.au
The Tea Room on Urbanspoon

9 comments:

  1. I love the tea room! Their scones are fantastic, some of the best I've had. The room and the Royal Doulton china is so preeettyyy. That's so nice they gave you a glass of sparkling, lucky! Looks like you had a great girly afternoon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those high tea photos just made me so envious! I'm very much in the mood for high tea... just need some willing girlfriends to accompany me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. scones sounds yummo. might have to take mum there perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Steph: I loved the scones, they were absolutely the best! Hehe. I know, very sweet of the maitre-de - Good man, that one :)

    Hi Cora: Hehe. Thanks, or should I be apologising for starting the craving?! Any excuse will do for a high tea!

    Hi Simon: Your mum would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it so ladylike and elegant in there! I love the Royal Albert plates and cups there and the scones we had there were the best I've ever had!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have yet to visit this place, but that's mostly because I never seem to have time to do the high tea thing! Could do with some scones and a cup of tea right now though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love going for high tea and what better place to go to to than the qvb tea room! looks like you had a very yummy b'day weekend indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! They look delicious. Must try someday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lorraine: Yes, so very ladylike! hehe. The scones were amazing! I'm still thinking about them!!

    Hi Y: Oh, you should definitely try it one day. The whole experience is fab! Can't really go wrong with tea & scones :)

    Hi Panda: Yes, a very yummy bday weekend was had :)

    Hi Foodie-Central: Thank you :) You should definitely give it a try!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails