Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Jet Cafe, QVB

How was it?
Food: 6.5/10
Service: 6/10
Ambience: 7/10
Value: $$


The best thing about weekends is sleeping in and eating at odd hours. Even though my body does not exactly agree with the whole sleeping in business these days, my eating patterns on the weekend change dramatically. During the week, I pretty much eat all three meals at the same time everyday, but when the weekend comes around, my whole schedule is thrown out of whack. I eat a lot later in the day, skip main meals or snack/munch my way through the day. And what I love best about weekends is brunch or afternoon tea.

A couple of weekends ago, Mrs. J-to-be and I caught up on a busy Sunday morning for brunch. We went to Jet Cafe in QVB. It's one of those places that has been there for ages, but you never really notice it. Because we were in the area, we decided to give it a try. The restaurant is quite full, lots of ladies lunching, some tourists and some other randoms.

They serve standard cafe fare, it's good and satisfying, but nothing exceptional. I think it's a place I would go to for a coffee and time out, rather than a big meal. The two waiters that we got were a little bit strange, kind of in their own little world. We had to ask for water a few times, and our drinks came out after our meals - I thought that was a bit strange?! Oh, and oops - I forgot to get the prices this time!

Latte

Cappuccino


Scrambled eggs


Muesli with yoghurt & berries



Overall:
The great location provides the perfect meeting spot for a quick catch-up & coffee before taking on the sales, browsing or running errands in the city.

Jet Cafe
QVB Ground Level
Shop 55, Druit St,
Sydney NSW 2000
Jet Bar Cafe on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

  1. had some quick after work drinks there a few weeks ago. was a handy meeting spot to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Simon: It's definitely a handy spot for a catch up & coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a strange coincidence, I was just standing outside this cafe the other day and wondering what it was like, it was the first time I had really noticed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Steph: Yeah, it's one of those places that you don't really notice aye?! It's good for some coffee/tea and to people watch :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails