Thursday, June 11, 2009

Pancakes On The Rocks, The Rocks

How was it?
Food: 7/10
Service: 6.5/10
Ambience: 6.5/10
Value: $$


After watching 500 days of Summer, I was dragged along to Pancakes On The Rocks. I say dragged because I was feeling quite sick and all I wanted to do was go home to my warm bed! But, I gave in to the majority and we began our trek (from the State Theatre) towards The Rocks. I used to love Pancakes On The Rocks, it was always such a special treat, but over the years I just haven't enjoyed it as much. I thought the management changed, but apparently it hasn't. So maybe I've become a restaurant snob? lol. Who knows. But I wasn't expecting too much from this visit.

We joined the long queue when we arrived, and after waiting for about 10+ minutes we were ushered to a table downstairs. A few varieties of pancakes and a bowl of wedges with sour cream and sweet chilli sauce were ordered.

Wedges $6.95 plus sour cream & sweet chilli sauce $2.15


Blueberry Heaven $10.95

Long Stack $8.95

Macadamia Madness $10.95

I shared the macadamia madness with K, and I am happy to report that it was delicious. I had never tried this one before, I normally go for the fruity ones, but I loved the macadamia nuts scattered throughout these pancakes :) I asked our fellow dining companions how their pancakes were, and they were all satisfied.

Overall:
A Sydney institution, however if it were up to me, I probably wouldn't choose to go to Pancakes On The Rocks, only because it's pricey and it doesn't seem to appeal to my tastebuds as much as it used to. But every once in awhile (especially when people from overseas or interstate are in town) it certainly does provide a guilty pleasure.

Pancakes On The Rocks
4 Hickson Rd,
The Rocks NSW 2000
www.pancakesontherocks.com.au
Pancakes on the Rocks on Urbanspoon

8 comments:

  1. I think I may be the only person in Sydney who hasn't been to pancakes on the rocks. Your photos are making crave pancakes now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't Pancakes one of those funny places? It's been going for years and years and the food isn't amazing but it's reliable but there's always a queue! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried their ribs?
    they fall off the bone...

    a good place to go when its super late at night and nothing is open. Such a high school uni hang out hehe brings back memories

    ReplyDelete
  4. You walked from State Theatre to The Rocks in this cold? I applaude you!

    Pancakes (both The Rocks, Darling Harbour & Northmead) has been one of those go-to places especially late nights after having a few drinks... and as everyone has said, it's a reliable place with mediocre food but excellent heating during winter nights hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm such a sweet tooth I'd never order wedges over pancakes! The macadamia ones sound good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Steph: Wow. You haven't been?! Don't worry, you're not missing out on too much! But it's definitely a Sydney experience!

    Hi Lorraine: So true. I don't understand the queues sometime!

    Hi Leona: I tried their ribs ages ago, but don't remember them being anything memorable.... oh, it totally brings back high school days. ahh... good times.

    Hi Trisha: Hehe. Yes we did! The comfort of a warm place and sugary food is always welcome in winter!

    Hi Arwen: Me too! But pancakes plus wedges, is ok! lol. I was really surprised at how good the macadamia ones were!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm good old Pancakes on the rocks.
    This place is like, it's there, it's open, we might as well get pancakes, isn't it? I usually get devil's delight. hmmm chocolate sauce...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Yas: Haha. Yeah, so true!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails