Monday, August 03, 2009

K's Sushi Experience, Burwood

How was it?
Food: 6.5/10
Service: 7/10
Ambience: 6/10
Value: $

Edamame

A few weeks ago, before watching the funniest movie I have watched in a long time (The Hangover - so funny - you have to see it!), I had a quick bite at K's Sushi Experience. We walked along Burwood Rd to see what was available and we decided to try out this sushi joint. I'm not sure who or what K is, but the sushi was nice and fresh, and they have specials such as spicy tuna ship sushi and chilli salmon & avocado sushi, which were delicious.

King of Salmon Nigiri

Spicy Salmon Avocado Roll

Salmon and Tuna Sashimi

Spicy Tuna Ship

Tuna Sushi

Prawn Croquette



Overall:
I was pleased with all of our dishes and would probably go back if I was in the area and in the mood for some sushi. On another occassion, my brother had dinner there and bought two boxes full of their sushi to take away. We ended up having them for lunch the next day and they tasted pretty good too. A nice, cheap and friendly sushi joint.

K's Sushi Experience
59 Burwood Rd,
Burwood NSW 2134
Tel: (02) 9715 2450
K's Sushi on Urbanspoon

15 comments:

  1. Haha for a minute there I thought you had a guest post from a friend called K! Strange name but good to see another fast dinner option for pre-movie eating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL @ Helen's comment. (I'm guessing K means Kei )

    Hmm hmm coincidentally I was just reading an article about Japanese croquette! oh.. i'm having.. another ... craving..

    Came to think of it, I don't know any place in Burwood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sushi and movie. My fav combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to work on Burwood Road, so every Thursday night would walk down to this sushi train to grab a quick bite before shopping at westfield. I think it's the only decent sushi place in Burwood. Btw Everyone is telling me to go and see Hangover as well, apparently it's definitely worth the money.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sushi Experience? Hmm what an unusual name! :D And it made me wonder who K was as you did! :) My friend saw that movie too and liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Helen: I do have a friend that features a lot on my blog, who is K! HAha. But it's just the name of the restaurant - a bit weird, and not actually noticable. At first I thought it was just Sushi Experience, and then I googled it! Yep, definitely beats maccas for a fast pre-movie option!

    Hi Yas: Ooh! Haha. Croquette's are so good. Love the crispy texture and the mushy insides! There's not many Japanese places in Burwood, this is the only one I know of actually!

    Hi Ellie: Me too! :)

    Hi Linda: Yep, it's a great pit-stop. Omg, you have to see it. It is so funny! I haven't laughed that much in a movie in such a long time!

    Hi Lorraine: I thought so too! It was absolutely hilarious! Pretty genius too, you should go see it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is this the one in the middle of Burwood Rd ? Or the new Jap place open closer to Westfields ? Burwood Rd has changed so much in 24 months!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great range of sushi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohhh i wanna go here now !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Howard: I think it's the new Jap place closer to Westfields. Yeah, it's changed heaps since my school days around there!

    Hi Anita: It's not too bad!

    Hi Eden: Hehe. It's good for a quick pre-movie/shopping bite.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow i gave almost the same scores on eatability!! haha but when did it change from sushi train to K's sushi?for me i think the quality is slightly lower and there doesnt seem to be the same range that it use too

    sydneyguyrojoe

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sydneyguyrojoe: I'm not sure when it changed, I think it's been a while! I thought that the sushi were all quite fresh and ok, I really like the spicy rolls! Good for a pre-movie bite.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Funny you said that, i did go there pre movie!! OH you have psychic powers too.........hehe


    Sydneyguyrojoe

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sydneyguyrojoe: I think it's perfect for a pre-movie dinner! Perhaps I do. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  15. K stands for Kaz,the owner's name~:)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails