Tuesday, November 17, 2009

About Me

Hi there!

Welcome to The Hungry Girl.

I started this blog in March 2009 to chronicle my many food adventures around Sydney (and hopefully, beyond!).

The Basics ~

I was born and raised in the inner west of Sydney.
I have a Chinese/Cambodian background.
I have completed a commerce degree and am currently working in the food industry.
I will travel for food.

Inspirations ~

The first inspiration for my blog would have to be my good friend K, who grew up in Singapore and is obsessed with all things new, shiny and techy. When we first met, I noticed her weird tendency to take photos of all of our food. At first I was rather boggled by this strange behaviour, but then I started to get in on the act and loved it!

I have also been inspired by some awesome food blogs, which I had been lurking around for quite some time. I never intended to make friends or even meet people through this blog, but I have had the pleasure of meeting and becoming friends with some lovely bloggers :)

How often do I dine out and with who? ~

You may think that I must dine out every day of the week and am some sort of giant. But I'm not really. On average, I dine out maybe once during the week and twice over the weekend (Friday is included in my weekend. hehe).

I have lovely dining companions who put up with my camera and photo-taking! And no, sorry. You cannot just 'come with me'. I have to actually know you. I do not do any sort of food review tour thing, I have a real job!

Confession ~

1. I don't really know how to cook. But I'm learning. Apparently I will never be a good wife, until I have mastered the art of cooking! Oh dear.

2. I am a massive teeny bopper. Yes, I really do like Zac Efron, I'm not going to lie. But, have you not seen the awesomeness/overly lame/cringe fest that is HSM 1, 2 AND 3? (How good was 3?) My friends still love me for it, I think.

A little bit more.... ~

Aside from my love of food (Japanese especially), I love shopping and travelling. My dream would be to travel to every country to shop and eat. That's all really.

Disclaimer ~

I am not a professional writer, critic or photographer. Just an average person, like yourself, giving their opinion of their experience. My experience may be different to yours, so obviously you will need to make up your own mind.

If there's anything else you'd like to know about me, please leave a comment!

Thanks for stopping by!

Contact ~
bettythehungrygirl@gmail.com

15 comments:

  1. It's great to know more about you. I think we have lots of similar interests - except the Zac Efron bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love these sort of posts - it's always very interesting to get an insight into the person behind the blog! And you're not alone in your "lack of cooking skills".. I'm in the same boat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always a pleasure to find out more about the person behind the blog. Hurrah for inner westies too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A.B! you crack me up LOLLL @ Zac Efron you just had to mention that.

    Its been awesome dining with you. You always make me laugh and we've had good times.

    Cheers to many more eating adventures, weight gain, chunky thighs, chubby cheeks and sugar-highs

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL you had to mention the Zefron love. It's okay we still love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work with the about page. Something I should work on for my own blog...

    I would say good to see another side of you but you did mention Zac... :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post! I think I'll just gloss over the Zac Efron bit though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bahaha it's ok... if you can still love me for NOT liking HSM and Effron, then I can do the same and look past yours hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love you for everything you are. I like R Patz who is half my age and my daughter is crazy about HSM and Zac Efron and she is 7. Age is never a boundry for anything :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww yay more about you Betty! :) And we share the same exact dream too :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice to know all these things about you :o)

    Proves that you still have some secrets lol

    xoxo

    J

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do often wonder how often people go out for dinner and lunches...(as I don't go out much at all).

    ReplyDelete
  13. loved this post! and lol zac effron's hair is always so perfect :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Helen: Thanks! Hehe yay!

    Hi Belle: Thanks! Hehe. That's a shame :p j/k

    Hi Forager: Thanks! Good to know that there are other foodbloggers out there that are like me in the cooking department :)

    Hi Leona: Lol. Of course, just keepin it real y'all!! Aww thank you. It's always fun hanging out with you and the girls! Yay to everything (except maybe not the chunky thighs! lol) xx

    Hi Steph: Lol. Yes, I thought it was best to be honest. Hehe. Aww thanks :) xx

    Hi Simon: Thanks! Aww c'mon, there's no need to go hating on the Zefron!

    Hi Conor: Thanks! Go watch HSM and come back and tell me that he (or his character) is not the perfect boyfriend! Do it! Lol.

    Hi Karen: Hehe aww ok, I will accept that you don't like Zefron and HSM and I still love you :) xx

    Hi Ellie: Aww thank you Ellie! Haha. I love how you are justifying it... but you're right, age is not a factor!

    Hi Lorraine: It's a pretty awesome dream isn't it? ahh *goes back to daydreaming* :)

    Hi J: Thanks! Maybe not anymore after the Zefron love was revealed to the masses ;)

    Hi Anita: That's ok. Food and dining out is my way of catching up with friends :)

    Hi Chocolatesuze: Hehe thanks! It is, although it went through a pretty gross/greasy stage. But nevertheless I still love. I'm glad someone's with me!! *high 5*

    ReplyDelete
  15. Woah, excellent to meet you. your fantastic

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails