Saturday, March 20, 2010

Marrickville Rd Cafe, Marrickville

How was it?
Food: 6.5/10
Service: 6/10
Ambience: 6/10
Value: $


Sometimes all you need is a good solid breakfast. Actually I would recommend you have it every day, but the majority of people don't get to sit down to a nice hearty meal in the mornings, I know I don't (I eat breakfast at my desk at work!). When the Russian and I decided to catch up for breakfast, I suggested we go to the newly renovated Marrickville Rd Cafe. It's quite small inside, however there are some tables outside. One of the great things about this cafe is their free wireless internet, so you can grab a coffee and work/play at the same time :)

Toasted Breakfast Burrito
Poached eggs, Bacon, Spinach, Homemade Tomato Sauce, Povolone Cheese wrapped in a Tomato Tortilla

The Russian ordered the toasted breakfast burrito. It looked so good when it came out that I immediately had food envy! The burrito was a generous portion and there was a good filling to tortilla ratio. It was delicious and the Russian was definitely satisfied.

Organic Oat Porridge
with Banana, Toasted Coconut, Almonds, Raisins and Brown Sugar

I ordered the organic oat porridge which came with almonds, brown sugar and raisins served in separate little saucers. I liked this idea because it means that you can put as much or as little as you want of each item. The porridge itself was warm and soothing, I especially loved the generous serve of bananas on top!

Almonds, Brown Sugar, Raisins

Overall:
Marrickville Rd Cafe is quite a popular local cafe. I think it's particularly great for a long lazy breakfast or lunch. It's a very chilled out place, and I can imagine myself sitting there for a few hours. I'd definitely love to try more of the menu especially their different varieties of breakfast burritos! So if you're in the area and looking for a nice cafe, you should try this out.

Marrickville Rd Cafe
293 Marrickville Rd,
Marrickville NSW 2204
Tel: (02) 9564 5165
Open 7 Days (Breakfast & Lunch)
Marrickville Road Cafe on Urbanspoon

p.s. News!
I've just started a Tumblr page. Find me Here.
I'm new to it, so not sure how it all works at the moment, but I'll be posting some random thoughts and fun things over there, so check it out. I'm not following anyone yet, so if you have Tumblr too, let me know :) xx

15 comments:

  1. Mmmm that breakfast burrito looks great. Love having a really big breakfast on weekends. It is a great start to the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live near Marrickville so I think I'll have to drop in for a brekkie burrito one of these Sundays! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The oat porridge looks really good! I like how they have the extras on the side too, so you can add however much you want!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love big brekkies, but only on weekends (gotta think of my expanding waistline, haha). The fresh juice looks luscious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The breakfast burrito looks like a great takeaway option if you were in a rush.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Right now I am also having serious food envy with the breakfast burrito! It looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm that breakfast burrito looks tasty but I love porridge for brekkie! Is that watermelon juice? <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. The breakfast burrito looks great and I love the DIY additions for your porridge too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh did you say breakfast burrito? :D I've always wanted to try one as I always see them on US shows :

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh yes, definite food envy on that burrito- what a great idea! And that porridge would be a good start in the winter season hits.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had breakfast at marrickville with my mum a while ago.. it was pretty good!!! i cant remember the name but they had vegan breakfasts, vegetarian and the usual big breakies..

    I swear marrickville has changed.. its going to be trendy like newtown is in future. We'll have to do the pho thing like you were telling us girls about.

    ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Ninja Handbook says: A good breakfast is essential for an energetic, slaying-ful day!

    Especially when it's cheap =D

    ReplyDelete
  13. The burrito looks so crispy! Would love to see what the other fillings for the burrito are.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Mademoiselle délicieuse: Yep it was! It was a special on the blackboard :)

    Hi Mark: Big breakfasts are the best way to start the day!

    Hi Joey: Oh cool! No worries :)

    Hi Missklicious: Yes, I thought that was a great idea too!

    Hi Belle: Haha. I think having a big breakfast is ok regardless of the day of the week cause you always have the rest of the day to burn it off ;)

    Hi Conor: Definitely. Although, I hate eating in a rush :(

    Hi Trissa: Hehe. It was pretty fantastic.

    Hi Steph: Me too! (Not a lot of people do, surprisingly). It's watermelon and something else (was on the special's board but I forgot what it was!)

    Hi Helen: Yes, the DIY additions definitely made it a little bit special :)

    Hi Lorraine: Yes! Oh really? I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for them on tv shows now!

    Hi Adrian: Porridge is the perfect comfort food in cold wintery mornings!

    Hi Leona: Yay! I know, it's becoming all trendy and stuff. Hope it doesn't change too much though, I like my cheap eats :) Yes, we have to do the pho challenge!

    Hi Ninja: The ninja handbook is wise indeed!

    Hi Simon: Yep, I'll have to 'research' further :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails